For almost 30 years, the members of the Bard Valley Date Growers Association have been leaders in the date industry with distribution in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia and Australia. Our success can be contributed to our team's absolute commitment to our core values and continued efforts to help the world discover and enjoy the finest Medjool Dates.
The Quality Compliance Coordinator works closely with all aspects of the operation to identify compliance necessities. Maintains communication between farm, packing house and sales operations. Performs pertinent inspections of quality standards and compliance established by industry and BVDGA. This position participates in preparation and scheduling of Third Party Audits at Farm and Packing House levels - regulatory or client driven.
- Work with BVDGA members to conduct necessary trainings, farm/packing house inspections and risk assessments.
- Research industry standards for food safety and product quality, and utilize datasets to ensure all food safety and quality regulations are met.
- Assists manager and coordinator in review, maintenance and update of current compliance programs; as well as development of new programs if necessary.
- Assists manager and coordinator in preparation and scheduling of third party audits. (i.e.: PrimusGFS, GlobalGAP, USDA Organic, NonGMO Project, Halal, Kosher)
- Participate in internal quality investigations and execute corrective actions as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Some international travel to Mexico.
- Associate's or two-year degree in Agriculture or Food Science preferred, or minimum 2 years' experience in any of the following: Food Safety and Security, Worker Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, or Agriculture-related field.
- Basic understanding of OSHA standards regarding worker health and safety.
- Basic understanding of federal and industry guidelines regarding food safety and compliance. (HACCP/HARPC or FSPCA training)
- Auditing and training experience.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, and sets high personal standards, stays focused under pressure.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- High-degree of proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Outlook.
- Good listener, patient, attentive, clear verbal and written communication skills, builds strong relationships, shares information & ideas with others, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism professionally.
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities as required, and handles pressure well, time management skills.
- Takes initiative, able to work independently as well as with direction. Stays positive, open, flexible, and able to respond to customer demands on short-notice.
- Bilingual - Spanish/English a plus.