Dave Wilson Nursery grows trees for both commercial orchards and the home garden trade. We maintain three sales departments which seek to provide the highest level of professionalism and integrity in the industry.
We are accepting applications for an Assistant Greenhouse Grower to join our industry leading company in Hickman, CA.
- Oversee horticulture operations including Irrigation, shipping, quality control, and inventory
- Daily assessment of crops to identify any disease, insect problem or abnormalities. Diagnose plant diseases and disorders. Communicate with production personnel to understand production conditions and practices to accurately diagnose problems
- Manage integrated pest management protocols and further develop and implement new protocols as necessary
- Post High School education; preferably in biology, horticulture, chemistry or plant science
- One (1) to three (3) years hands-on horticulture experience, preferably in a greenhouse setting
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word; and Internet software
- Ability to effectively prioritize and work to schedule
- Able to function effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Bi-lingual desired