Dawn Transportation is expanding! Small family transportation brokerage company, headquartered in Salinas, Ca, is seeking an outside sales person with a background in transportation sales to join our team. This position is located at a convenient downtown Salinas location with off street parking.
Currently, we are looking to hire an outside sales person who will be responsible for focusing on and generating business through new and existing accounts. The candidate will be experienced at prospecting new leads, territory planning, cold calls, relationship building, and follow up.
Develop and execute sales strategies and stay informed regarding competitive services and pricing.
Negotiation of freight contracts.
Build successful business relationships and influence key decision makers.
Document and track all contracts, quotes and follow-up interaction with customers.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in related field or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of experience in transportation sales.
- Ability to manage customer relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic mathematical ability including multiple computations to arrive at pricing which meets percentage profit targets.
- Ability to compute cost/pricing factors based on customer product, mode of transport, fees, and handling.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office including word and excel.
- Accountability, you take your work personally and strive for excellence.
- Preferred Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Salary plus commission, commensurate with experience.
- Medical insurance provided.
- Company Funded HSA.
- Future stock options will be offered to successful candidate.