Dayka & Hackett LLC is a leading grower/shipper/importer of fresh fruit to North American supermarkets and club stores. The company specializes in table grapes, tree fruit, mangoes, kiwi, cherries, pears, and citrus. Products are sourced globally. Dayka & Hackett LLC maintains offices in Hong Kong, Camden, NJ, Nogales, AZ, and its headquarters in Reedley, CA.
Our most important asset is our people. We have an amazing team of highly qualified individuals in whom we generously invest. We challenge each other to think and work differently, seeking to provide superior results for our customers and growers. We have established a strong recruitment program that broadens our capabilities as a company and builds a stronger team for future generations.
We now are searching for a Director of Sales to join us and lead our sales team.
Based in Reedley, CA., this position offers the unique opportunity to work directly with the company’s co-founder and owner in this newly created position as part of succession strategy.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for meeting company revenue targets by harnessing the power of direct reports, driving productivity, and encouraging best performance of each employee. They will recruit, motivate, empower, and coach the sales team, assist with effective planning, set sales goals, and analyze data to drive future sales. The position may or may not include day to day sales/marketing activities.
To be successful in this role, you will have/be:
- 5-10 years sales and marketing experience. Import business experience is desirable.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and product development.
- Ambitious, Driven, results oriented, with a proven history of high achievement
- Innovative, generating original solutions and ideas
- Decisive and comfortable making decisions quickly; has a sense of urgency
- Ability to identify problems and have diverse problem-solving skills that rectify problems in a quick fashion.
- Good intuition or “gut feel” for the fresh produce markets
- Competitive, not complacent
- Unparalleled interpersonal skills, focused on the success of the team
This is a senior management position offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.