Daylight Foods is a Produce company with a mission to help grow our local food system. We are an organization that believes in mutual trust and respect, looking for long-term, hard-working and committed team members to add to our growing team.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Produce Buyer to join our team in Union City, CA.
The Buyer will secure the right quantities of local produce at the right price and will set up relationships with farmers and growers. The Buyers will also work closely with vendors and keep track of market trends. The Buyer will be responsible for precuring produce for customers which include: restaurant chains, grocery stores, food service providers or food production companies.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience in the agriculture or food service industry a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Strong analytical and Math skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Able to work independently and prioritize job duties.
- Able to effectively communicate with various business units.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to multitask.
This is a tremendous opportunity to advance your Produce Buying Career!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.