Purpose of Position:
The Sales Director of National Accounts (Walmart) leads the company’s efforts to maintain and expand relationships with Walmart. This role is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives.
The Sales Director of National Accounts (Walmart) represents the entire range of company products and services, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. The Director of National Accounts (Walmart) focuses on the headquarters and key buying locations of assigned accounts, while coordinating closely with field associates assigned to these customers’ other locations.
- Direct account responsibility for all aspects of account management with Walmart.
- Strategic account management of Walmart, including sell into, strategic account business planning, creating field-based execution strategies and ROI analytics
- Develop a comprehensive strategic business plan for Walmart, working collaboratively with Trade Marketing, Category Management, Revenue Growth Management and Finance.
- Develop and execute sales plan to ensure delivery of revenue target
- Partner with field sales teams to ensure day to day execution
- Develop top line strategies to present to leadership for sign off
- Research and actively seek new business in alignment with targeted sales goals.
- Responsible to develop, maintain productive business relationships and penetrate the account to maximize FDP profits, sales and share.
- Increasing revenue, engagement, and brand awareness in defined territory.
- Lead all sales calls, business reviews and develop key presentations
- Works directly with the customer Category Director(s). VP level engagement across within Walmart including annual Top 2 Top meetings, Annual Planning, Innovation Sessions
- Align customer initiatives to the company strategic enablers to drive meaningful JBP process
- Develop accurate SKU-level forecasts each month based on expected demand, seasons, and promotions and own forecast accuracy for Walmart
- Leads internal/external contract development and negotiations.
- Leads sales effort, promotion planning, forecasting, new item introduction, account specific marketing, etc. in order to profitably grow across all categories and customer Divisions (DCs).
- Participates in the sales planning and budgeting development – bottom up.
- Recruits, trains, develops the Sr. Managers and ASMs.
- Assist in special projects as assigned.
- Manage customer payments/ deduction process
- Actively participate in trade shows and major sales events.
Minimum Skills Required:
- 4-year College Degree (Business or related field), from an accredited institution, and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10 years prior experience in sales and management in produce or other food industry.
- Prior experience working with Walmart in a similar role.
- Excellent product knowledge as related to fresh produce and food service experience with broad portfolio management experience.
- Proven ability to develop sales strategy and manage sales staff.
- Solid knowledge & understanding of Key Financial Indicators and P&L management.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. etc.).
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. written and oral).
- Strong Influencing skills at all levels (internal & external).
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated Managerial Courage to take risk and make difficult decisions.
- Thinks and acts like a business owner (i.e. entrepreneur mindset)
- Understands how to manage customers. Understands the customers’ needs and the key capabilities we have to address them.
- Strong Business acumen – including retail experience/knowledge.
- Easily navigates through business challenges.
- Knowledgeable in current practices, trends, and technology affecting his/her customer.
About Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc. is one of North America’s leading marketers and distributors of high-quality fresh and fresh-cut fruit and vegetables. Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc. markets its products in North America under the Del Monte® brand (as well as other brands), a symbol of product innovation, quality, freshness and reliability for over 125 years.
***Please note: This position does not qualify for relocation expenses.***
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.