This is a golden career opportunity to join an exciting growing company. The Senior Controller will come in and work side-by-side with the owners. The CFO is looking to retire and “pass the baton” to a solid performer within the next couple of years.
The ideal candidate will have expert and demonstrated experience in accounting and finance, preferably in the agricultural industry. The ability to work autonomously and be a leader is particularly important while participating in a collaborative team environment. You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and remain cool under pressure. You also must have a strong work ethic and be extremely detail oriented.
If you are looking to live in the warm sunshine of San Diego County this amazing opportunity will allow you to live and work minutes from some of the most pristine beaches along the west coast. You’ll get this great location and more working for Del Rey Avocado. You’ll work with great people who are committed to providing the best product and service daily, and equally committed to improving all aspects of their business practices.
If you have what it takes to move to the next level in your career this may be the place for you!
- Manage accounting department for a premier agriculture company; develop policies, procedures, and controls to ensure the integrity of the financial results including the planning, budgeting, and reporting of operations.
- Supervise accounting, including financial planning and analysis, cost and grower accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for an accurate and timely monthly/annual close including preparation of all accounting/financial statements.
- Reconcile various reports and financial data, journal entries
- Partner with operations, to ensure accurate and effective inventory control and cost accounting processes, systems, and procedures.
- Oversee international financial transactions on a weekly basis
- Provide analytical and well documented reports for ownership as needed
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans.
- Ensure excellent results from the accounting team through coaching, counseling, mentoring, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other projects as needed
- 8+ years of experience in accounting and finance
- Degree in accounting, finance, or related field (CPA/MBA a plus)
- Proven working financial experience in a company with revenues in excess of 50 million dollars annually
- Preferred knowledge of accounting procedures in the agriculture industry including but not limited to growing, harvesting, cooling, & transporting
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and mentor in a collaborative environment and manage long-distance functions and personnel
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with expert knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Highly skilled in general ledger accounting and the month-end/year end close process.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting data, forecasting, and producing financial reports
- Knowledgeable and experienced with tax filings
- Knowledge and expertise in QuickBooks (Payroll & Accounting) or similar software
- Proficient in the latest technology and software programs
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced high-pressure environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability in interact effectively throughout the organization
- Strong organizational development skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Ability to exercise independent professional judgment and handle extremely confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- This role will be based in Fallbrook (or Vista) California and will require some travel