Based in Farmington Hills, MI dFarm is passionate about transforming the Ag Supply Chain for the betterment of Farmers, Consumers – and everyone in between. dFarm’s Agriculture Information Management System (AIMS) is an Ag SCM solution that utilizes enabling technologies like Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, the Internet of Things (IoT), and a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model to make the produce supply chain more visible, transparent, and efficient.
We have an immediate opportunity for a North American Sales Consultant to join our team.
You will actively and successfully manage the end-to-end sales process; sourcing new customers, scoping customer requirements, providing unique solutions and customer quotes and liaising with the relevant departments to ensure successful delivery.
In this role, you will need:
- Sound intellectual skills with a general education to High School level or equivalent
- An understanding of the Agriculture sector
- Existing business contacts in the Agriculture sector
- A demonstrable track record of achieving sales targets
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- A can-do attitude to the workplace
- The ability to work as part of the team and develop good working relationships at all levels within the organization
- The ability to prospect for new business – business to business
- Proven track record in sales and a thorough understanding of the sales process
- A general technical understanding of supply chain
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of using a Customer Relationship Management system
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Logical thinker who can recognize opportunities for creating new business sales and improving customer services
- Able to manage change effectively
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and resilient
- Ability to work using own initiative
- A strong technical understanding of supply chain and/or Blockchain, AI or IoT
- At least two years’ experience of selling within a technical sector to businesses
- Experience of designing and selling Agriculture and/or Supply Chain solutions
- Education to degree level or equivalent
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.