D & J Packing, LLC is a family-run business with more than thirty (30) years of harvesting experience in the Salinas Valley. We are looking for a H2A Program Manager to join our team. Under the direction of the General Manager, the H2A Program Manager will assist and support in the achievement of Company short and long-term goals.
The H2A Program Manager, you will serve as a link between management and employees by fielding questions, interpreting and helping to resolve work related issues in a professional and timely manner. You will also be responsible to ensure compliance with corporate policy, fair employment practices and government regulations. Manage employee documentation and adhere to Corporate HR Policies.They will also have full responsibility for our H2A program, including compliance with US Department of Labor, as well as overseeing the housing and transportation requirements of the program.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Administer the company’s Temporary Agricultural Workers program (H2A).
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Department of Labor, Federal and State rules, regulations, and procedures as related to employment, safety, and immigration/work visa requirements.
- Secure housing for program and related contracts including housing inspections.
- Handle employee counseling, coaching and disciplinary actions (including terminations) as required.
- Manage and oversee all program requirements for housing and transportation.
- Manage catering services and cleaning services.
- Conduct H2A employee orientation and safety training as needed.
- Handle all H2A employee matters related to wages, workers compensation insurance, housing, transportation, etc.
- Maintain meticulous records for potential audits and inspections.
- Ensure overall, up-to-date knowledge of industry changes, specifically related to the H2A program and ongoing requirements.
- Review, develop and maintain policies and procedures as related to farm labor workforce including updated legislation, current issues and/or any other situation which may warrant changes in policies, guidelines, or procedures.
- Represent the Company in employee related hearings and/or investigations.
- Ability to understand, write and administer legal contracts.
- Liaison between H2A attorney and management
- Make proposals on H2A services; help negotiate contracts for program.
- Recruiting in regions of Mexico or other countries as needed.
- Coordinating consulate appointments, fingerprinting and help temporary employees maintain Visas.
- Coordinate Social Security Administration appointment.
- Responsible for H2A employees following guidelines, rules, and company policies.
- Ability to write a job description.
- Coordinate transportation in Mexico.
- Special projects as assigned by the owners and/or Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management (or related field), from an accredited institution or at least 4 years related experience.
- Prior work experience managing and administering an H2A, or similar, immigration program.
- At least 2 to 3 years prior agricultural industry experience.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to research and familiarize oneself with complex laws, regulations, and programs along with the comprehension and execution of such items.
- Excellent communication (i.e. written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to travel between California, Arizona and Mexico as needed.
- Must be bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Pass Background check
- Health Insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Leave
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.