The DOLE brand means the finest, high-quality products. Dole will continue to meet customers' expectations by consistently providing products that meet the highest standard — the Dole standard. For Dole, anything less is unacceptable. Dole's dedication to quality is a worldwide commitment.
Dole Fresh Fruit Company is seeking a Senior Sales and New Business Development Manager to join our team in Crum Lynne, PA.
This role is a strategic senior leadership sales role relative to Soft Fruit, Berries sales for management of New Business Development both in the United States and Globally, focused on expanding the current customer base. Additionally, this role will have input and oversight on any regional new business opportunities for Dole. The general purpose is to secure and retain distribution for Dole Berry products and manage the increased profitable volume sales growth of these accounts. Secondarily, is to work closely with Sr Director Sales, Sales Managers and Dole Diversified leadership to strategically and profitably grow the business at these accounts.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Business Management Sales or a minimum of 10 years business management experience
- Minimum 10 – 15 years produce sales experience required. Berry experience a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, decision and making skills.
- Understanding of an account P&L.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Cognos, and syndicated data.
- Understanding of basics relative to production and quality control.
- Strong personnel management skills.
- A.M.P. understanding and utilization, base knowledge of the commodity markets and how they work.
- Base knowledge of perishable supply chain logistics, integrated account management and basic qualitative and quantitative consumer needs analysis.
- Functional Expertise Ability to develop knowledge and skills through training and work experience.
- Business Acumen Ability to establish skills to perform a range of day-to-day activities.
- Problem Solving Ability to use existing procedures to solve straightforward problems; has limited opportunity to exercise discretion.
- Leadership Has no supervisory responsibilities; manages own work load.
- Impact Ability to impact the accuracy own work; receives close supervision, duties are clearly defined and methods and tasks are described in detail.
- Interpersonal Skills/ Influence Ability to use communication skills and common courtesy