Founded in Hawaii in 1851, Dole Food Company, Inc., with 2010 revenues of $6.9 billion, is the world's largest producer and marketer of high-quality fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. Dole markets a growing line of packaged and frozen foods, and is a produce industry leader in nutrition education and research. The Company does business in more than 90 countries and employs, on average, 36,000 full-time, regular employees and 23,000 full-time seasonal or temporary employees, worldwide.
Dole Fresh Vegetable is committed to supplying the consumer and our customers with the finest, high-quality products and to leading the industry in nutrition research and education.
We now have an amazing opportunity for a Human Resources professional to join us in Salinas, CA as our Director of Human Resources.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all Human Resources function and activities for approximately 2,500 seasonal and year-round cooler and agricultural employees in the Salinas, Marina, Oxnard, Huron and Yuma, AZ locations. Responsible for supporting the full life cycle of the employee by ensuring the recruiting, hiring, orientation, compensation and benefits, record keeping and compliance processes.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 10-15 years’ experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources; experience in the Agriculture industry strongly experience preferred.
- Strong background in employee and labor relations in California.
- Strong interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within interpretive guidelines, take initiative, and perform effectively in fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Strong conflict resolution, problem solving, and mediation skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state regulations as well as those specific to the Ag industry.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual/biliterate English/Spanish language skills.
- High degree of initiative with a strong sense of urgency and business orientation.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all levels within the organization.
- High level of skills in handling sensitive and confidential situations/information with the demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Solid knowledge of various software applications, including word processing and database applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, administration, or related field
- MBA or other advanced business degree preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to contribute to one of the most well known and respected companies in the produce industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.