Founded in Hawaii in 1851, Dole Food Company, Inc., with 2010 revenues of $6.9 billion, is the world's largest producer and marketer of high-quality fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. Dole markets a growing line of packaged and frozen foods and is a produce industry leader in nutrition education and research. The Company does business in more than 90 countries and employs, on average, 36,000 full-time, regular employees and 23,000 full-time seasonal or temporary employees, worldwide.
Dole Fresh Vegetable is committed to supplying the consumer and our customers with the finest, high-quality products and to leading the industry in nutrition research and education.
We have a current opening for a Food Safety Quality Assurance Supervisor to join our team in Springfield, Ohio.
The Food Safety Quality Assurance Supervisor will coordinate and supervise salad manufacturing facility FSQA functions. May require support for FSQA teams at external cooler facilities depending on location.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Postharvest Physiology, or related field is required.
- 2+ years of experience in FSQA role
- 1-3 years of supervision experience preferred, preferably in a processing or quality environment.
- Supervisory and training skills: Working experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls (HARPC), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required, Knowledge of related Federal and State regulations, Competency in computer word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet (Excel) and database Software (Access) required.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to contribute to one of the most well-known and respected companies in the industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.