Join the team at Dole Diversified NA, a Dole plc division based in Crum Lynne, PA just outside of Philadelphia. This role requires an experienced leader with proven success in fresh produce roles, with at least 5-8 years in the business. Industry knowledge, sales, excellent people skills, and communication skills, are a must. This is a high impact, high visibility role with rewarding benefits and the opportunity to lead a team. This position is responsible for maintaining daily business with existing Citrus and Grapes accounts and developing new business opportunities.
- Primary job function will be to manage the day-to-day contact with existing Grapes and Citrus customers, maintaining a constant flow of Dole products into each customer’s facilities at a price that meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Other duties include product allocation when demand exceeds supply, handling and processing of sales allowances and work closely with AR in the collection of monies.
- In conjunction with the VP of Sales, focus will also include strategic development of all channels for distribution such as Grocery, Drug, Mass, Discount channels and Wholesalers.
- Assist in obtain new business and monitor sales support systems to ensure business retention, establish and enforce accountability.
- Responsible for strategic planning with VP of Sales, including prospecting and developing sales distribution strategies that grow volume selling Dole products.
- Develop rapport with decision makers to ensure continued business.
- Execute training, promotional, distribution and positioning strategies in coordination with Dole sales force.
- Determine pricing strategies that insure profitability from all customers.
- Provides feedback to VP of Sales on account activities, needs and opportunities.
- Ability to cover accounts of other coworkers in their absence.
- A combination of college and applicable work experience or a Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Business Management/Sales.
- 5-8 years of prior experience in sales and management in the produce or food industry.
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestic and international.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills and influential skills that demonstrate ability to work and get along with customers, peers, subordinates, and business partners.
- Ability to impact and motivate others through work performance and result driven actions.
- Able to negotiate profitable sales agreements with key personnel that prove successful for all involved.
- Strategic ability in account management, with a focus on growing profitable sales for the customer and company.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic software systems such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook as part of the daily job function.
- General knowledge of the P&L with ability to create and manage a working sales/product budget.