Join the team at Dole Diversified NA, a Dole plc division based in Crum Lynne, PA just outside of Philadelphia. This role requires an experienced leader with proven success in fresh produce roles, with at least 5-8 years in the business. Industry knowledge, sales, excellent people skills, and communication skills, are a must. This is a high impact, high visibility role with rewarding benefits and the opportunity to lead a team. This position is responsible for maintaining daily business with existing Citrus and Grapes accounts and developing new business opportunities.
- Primary job function will be to manage the day-to-day contact with existing Grapes and Citrus customers, maintaining a constant flow of Dole products into each customer’s facilities at a price that meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Other duties include product allocation when demand exceeds supply, handling and processing of sales allowances and work closely with AR in the collection of monies.
- In conjunction with the VP of Sales, focus will also include strategic development of all channels for distribution such as Grocery, Drug, Mass, Discount channels and Wholesalers.
- Assist in obtain new business and monitor sales support systems to ensure business retention, establish and enforce accountability.
- Responsible for strategic planning with VP of Sales, including prospecting and developing sales distribution strategies that grow volume selling Dole products.
- Develop rapport with decision makers to ensure continued business.
- Execute training, promotional, distribution and positioning strategies in coordination with Dole sales force.
- Determine pricing strategies that insure profitability from all customers.
- Provides feedback to VP of Sales on account activities, needs and opportunities.
- Ability to cover accounts of other coworkers in their absence.
- A combination of college and applicable work experience or a Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Business Management/Sales.
- 5-8 years of prior experience in sales and management in the produce or food industry.
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestic and international.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills and influential skills that demonstrate ability to work and get along with customers, peers, subordinates, and business partners.
- Ability to impact and motivate others through work performance and result driven actions.
- Able to negotiate profitable sales agreements with key personnel that prove successful for all involved.
- Strategic ability in account management, with a focus on growing profitable sales for the customer and company.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic software systems such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook as part of the daily job function.
- General knowledge of the P&L with ability to create and manage a working sales/product budget.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.