This position is responsible for maintaining financial reports, cost accounting, growing accounting, payroll, accounts payable records, and general ledgers; preparing and analyzing budgets; and perform general bookkeeping, and special projects as assigned.
The Staff Accountant works under the direct supervision of the Controller.
The Staff Accountant provides the Controller with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statement.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Strong IT aptitude
- Problem solving/analysis
- Strategic thinking
- Four-year degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relatable field