Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Eastern Vegetable Division located in Belle Glade, Florida is seeking a Specialized Equipment Operator. Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of A. Duda and Sons, Inc. a private family-owned company in business for over 91 years. Starting out as a humble celery farm in 1926, DUDA’s business operations today include Duda Farm Fresh Foods, one of the world’s leading producers and suppliers of celery and other quality fresh and fresh-cut vegetables and citrus; The Viera Company, a highly regarded community developer with fully-integrated real estate operations including Viera Builders, a residential home builder; as well as Duda Ranches, manager of DUDA’s agricultural operations including sod, sugarcane, citrus and cattle.
Under the direction and guidance of the Harvest Supervisor (Celery/Radish/Corn), the Specialized Equipment Operator will be fully responsible for all food processing equipment. This hands-on position includes, but is not limited to, printers, band sealers, radish bag machines, saw (corn line), Ulma wrap machine, label applicator, optical sorters, and metal detectors. The Specialized Equipment Operator will provide maintenance support for the production department and perform scheduled preventative maintenance and work orders, rebuilds, and related repairs on manufacturing (food processing) equipment. This role will also maintain a daily record of time and parts involved with assignments.
- Follow all GMP’s and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements. Ensure that company policies and procedures are being followed in a consistent manner.
- Partner with Supervisor on a daily basis to review operations and activities within the department. Verify daily run time and production hours. Make recommendations to Supervisor for measurements to improve production methods.
- With the specialized equipment, the job requires communication with machine/equipment manufacturers, packaging department, and maintenance department. Improve efficiencies and initiate continuous improvement efforts for Duda's food processing business.
- Recommends and implements changes and enhancements to processing areas in design and/or layout.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- High School Diploma Required
- Five or more years in vegetable and/or food-related processing
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.