For nearly 100 years, Duda Farm Fresh Foods has been a leading grower, shipper, processor and marketer of fresh vegetables and citrus. Known for their superior celery, over the years the company has expanded their facilities to accommodate recent developments such as celery juicing and other health and wellness trends in order to provide consumers with the freshest celery possible.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Packaging Procurement and Development Manager to lead our packaging procurement team in Salinas, CA.
The Senior Packaging Procurement & Development Manager is responsible for streamlining the complex purchasing procedures for all of the Duda Farm Fresh Food operating business units and is the liaison between all of the stakeholders in the process to ensure a uniform and organized packaging, procurement, development, demand forecasting and implementation strategy is maintained. This individual will work closely with Marketing, New Product Development, Sales, Production, Operations, Accounting, Food Safety/QA, and our Corporate Procurement teams. This individual will be responsible for managing new and re-designed artwork for Duda Farm Fresh Foods brands and private labels. As well as, be a strategic partner on the CREATE team and help drive new product packaging projects. This position will also include responsibility for developing new and revised product labeling in collaboration with our Food Safety and Legal teams assuring we meet all state, federal and international regulations (where applicable).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Economics, Marketing, International Trade, or Agriculture.
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience in procurement/supplier management position, preferably in the Fresh Produce or AG Industry.
- Experience managing multiple categories including food ingredients, commodities and or packaging.
- Working knowledge of offset and flexography print production.
- Strong analytical skills, KPI management approach.
- Microsoft office products including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Project.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) preferred.
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control) preferred.
- ISM (Institute for Supply Management) preferred.
This is an outstanding opportunity to advance your career with a recognized leader in the industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.