Are you looking to join a dynamic, talented team who’s passionate about the fresh produce business? A team and organization that prides its-self in maintaining its high-quality products and services as they’ve grown. An organization where you’ll want to stay and grow? Look no further because we welcome candidates with drive, motivation, energy, talent and vision!
We are E. Armata, a fourth-generation family run fruit and produce distributer in the Hunts Point Market, in business for over 120 years. Now one of the largest full-line wholesalers based in Hunts Point, E. Armata takes great pride in operating the company with integrity, incorporating responsible supply chain practices and the highest food safety standards.
We have fleet of refrigerated trucks which ensures the freshest produce and highest quality product available delivered to all our customers. We work directly with grower/shippers, and sell to “Mom & Pop” groceries, institutional suppliers, restaurant suppliers, wholesalers, and larger retailers.
We’re looking for an experienced produce Distribution Sales Representative with outstanding customer relationship management skills, and strong work ethic and drive to join our sales team and contribute to our growing organization.
As Distribution Sales Representative, you are responsible for selling projected, existing and future inventory to a variety of customers established as well as future. You will also manage the customer service issues associated with the product (condition, quality, etc.).
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for sales of all commodities as well as negotiating prices, establishing delivery terms.
- Work with buyers to establish projections of future product availability and developsales accordingly.
- Manages all customer issues associated with the sale of the product (price,quality,etc).
- Responsible for the development of new customers as well as maintaining existing accounts.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in sales of produce commodities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Personal integrity, dependable, ability to work within policy guidelines, work independently.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- An existing “book of business” highly preferred
- Experience with Produce Pro is a big plus
We offer a competitive compensation package including healthcare, pension.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.