Are you looking to join a dynamic, talented team who’s passionate about the fresh produce business? A team and organization that prides its-self in maintaining its high-quality products and services as they’ve grown. An organization where you’ll want to stay and grow? Look no further because we welcome candidates with drive, motivation, energy, talent and vision!
We are E. Armata, a fourth-generation family run fruit and produce distributer in the Hunts Point Market, in business for over 120 years. Now one of the largest full-line wholesalers based in Hunts Point, E. Armata takes great pride in operating the company with integrity, incorporating responsible supply chain practices and the highest food safety standards.
We have fleet of refrigerated trucks which ensures the freshest produce and highest quality product available delivered to all our customers. We work directly with grower/shippers, and sell to “Mom & Pop” groceries, institutional suppliers, restaurant suppliers, wholesalers, and larger retailers.
We have an immediate opening for a bilingual (English/Spanish) Sales Coordinator to join our team in the Hunts Point Terminal market in the Bronx, NY.
The successful candidate will have the ability to assist the sales team with all aspects of day-to-day operations. We are seeking a motivated individual who has a strong and established work ethic and possesses the ability and desire to flourish within an extremely high paced environment. This is an entry level position with the potential for possible growth within the organization.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with entering, tracking and processing sales orders.
- Assist with customer communications; i.e., phone and email correspondence
- Coordinate daily Passing’s to customers and assist with the processing of orders for invoicing between the sales department and the accounting department
- Coordinate and track logistical operations for “Delivered” sales orders
- Create, track and assist in finalizing order adjustments on “trouble” files
- Assist sales staff with additional assignments and projects as required.
- 1-2 years of produce industry experience with a background in a sales environment preferred
- Knowledge of logistical operations and terms as they relate to the produce industry a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform effectively in a high-paced and demanding environment.
- Be able to work in a close team atmosphere.
- Knowledge of Excel at an intermediate level or higher.
- Experience with Produce Pro highly preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a must
We offer a competitive compensation package including healthcare, pension. Hours are 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.