East Coast Farms and Vegetables has made a mission of growing, packing, and selling some of the most sought after produce in the southeastern United States. As a second-generation grower and shipper that was founded in South Florida in 1976, we strive to provide high quality, fresh, nutritious, and flavorful fruits and vegetables. The success of East Coast Farms and Vegetables is dependent on its ability to provide the best possible product and services to our customers.
We have an immediate opening for a Bookkeeper to join our team in Wellington, FL.
We’re family owned, and have a great and supportive environment.
- Meeting monthly deadlines for closings
- Monitoring and validating A/R, A/P and P/R entries
- Assure accuracy of accounting, as well as coordinate preparation of annual tax returns
- May handle special accounting projects, pro-formas and assist with budgeting
- BS degree in accounting or related field. Equivalent accounting experience will be considered
- Experience with preparing financial statements, ad-hoc reports, sales tax returns, year-end closing tax preparation, fixed assets and inventory
- Experience preparing for and participating in external audits
- Minimum two years in an accounting environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Accounting process development skills
- Proficient in use of PC and Excel
- Must have experience with FAMOUS software