Eastside Packing, Inc. is an independent citrus packing, cold storage, and shipping facility in Reedley, California. We are a family owned operation with roots going back over 100 years and four generations in the farming, packing, and sales of fresh fruits. We are currently in a growth trajectory expanding our currently packing operations of mandarin and lemon varieties to all types of citrus.
We have a tremendous opportunity for a Food Safety and Quality Control Manager to manage the internal quality control and food safety functions of the packinghouse and cold storage. This position will ensure the packinghouse meets or exceeds food quality and safety requirements and work with certification organization to monitor adherence to these standards. This position will work with the field quality control manager to communicate quality issues within the plant. The position will also supervise quality assurance inspectors.
Food Safety/QC Manger will report directly to the CEO to help ensure that Eastside continues delivering high quality products to the consumer.
You must have:
- 5+ years of experience in packing fresh fruits, citrus preferable.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Valid California’s Driver’s License with acceptable driving record for company insurance carrier.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, food safety, or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance and repairs of a fresh produce packing facility.
- Comprehensive understanding and food safety certification related to fruit packing and working knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, Primus, Organic Certifications.
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary and respond immediately.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and fruit packing and sales software such as Famous and LotPath.
- Team player with good work ethic.
Eastside Packing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing competitive pay and benefits including health coverage and 401K retirement program.
This is an amazing opportunity to advance your Food Safety career with a great company!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.