Eastside Packing, Inc. is an independent citrus packing, cold storage, and shipping facility in Reedley, California. We are a family owned operation with roots going back over 100 years and four generations in the farming, packing, and sales of fresh fruits. We are currently in a growth trajectory expanding our currently packing operations of mandarin and lemon varieties to all types of citrus.
We have an immediate opening for a Food Safety/QC Specialist, who will report directly to the CEO to help ensure that Eastside continues delivering high quality products to the consumer.
As a family run operation, successful candidates will have a wide range of responsibilities and opportunities throughout the operation.
- 5+ years of experience in packing fresh fruits, citrus preferable.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Valid California’s Driver’s License with acceptable driving record for company insurance carrier.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, food safety, or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance and repairs of a fresh produce packing facility.
- Comprehensive understanding of food safety related to fruit packing and working knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, Primus, Organic Certifications.
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary and respond immediately.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and fruit packing and sales software such as Famous.
- Team player with good work ethic.
- Verbal and written communication skills with employees, management, and vendors.
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish).
- Ability to solve complex problems quickly and efficiently.
Eastside Packing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing competitive pay and benefits including health coverage and 401K retirement program.