Eastside Packing, Inc. is an independent citrus packing, cold storage, and shipping facility in Reedley, California. We are a family owned operation with roots going back over 100 years and four generations in the farming, packing, and sales of fresh fruits. We are currently in a growth trajectory expanding our currently packing operations of mandarin and lemon varieties to all types of citrus.
We are looking for a Quality Control (QC)/Food Safety Specialist to manage the internal quality control and food safety functions of the packinghouse and cold storage.
This position will ensure the packinghouse meets or exceeds food quality and safety requirements and work with certification organization to monitor adherence to these standards. This position will work with the Grower Relations Managers and the Quality Control Manager to communicate quality issues within the plant. The position will also supervise quality assurance inspectors.
The QC/Food Safety Specialist will report directly to the Quality Control/Food Safety Manager to help ensure that Eastside continues delivering high quality products to the consumer. This position has an upward management pathway.
The person we’re looking for has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, food safety, or equivalent. Experience may be substituted for formal degree.
- 2+ years of experience in packing fresh fruits, citrus preferable.
- Demonstrate history of excellent oral and written communication skills. Bilingual English and Spanish speaking required.
- Valid California’s Driver’s License with acceptable driving record for company insurance carrier.
- Self-motivated and leadership driven.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Comprehensive understanding of food safety certifications related to fruit packing. HACCP, GMPs, Primus, Organic Certifications a plus
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary and respond immediately.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and fruit process, packing, and sales software such as Famous, Spokane, and LotPath.
- Team player with good work ethic
Eastside Packing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing competitive pay and benefits including health coverage and 401K retirement program.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.