Welcome to A and F Distributing Corp. For over 15 years, we’ve delivered the freshest produce to an extensive customer base. We pride ourselves in our first-class customer service, with a fast and friendly sales team that will exceed your expectations. Our goal is to give our customers quality produce and tremendous value every day. We specialize in peppers, pineapples, limes, green beans, mangos, berries, and Hispanic specialties.
We are looking to add a Sales Associate to our team.
The Sales Associate will be responsible for developing a new item that we can offer to our existing and new customers. Although we specialize in certain products, we are more than happy if you bring experience in an area we currently don’t manage (i.e., stone fruit, potatoes, grapes, etc.) This person will also assist the current team by selling established products to new customers, cross-selling to our existing customers and data-entry. Assure that quality product is available at competitive cost. Monitor product forecast, market trends and suppliers to determine future prices and availability. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to work in an environment that is constantly changing and possess strong organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Securing new accounts, obtaining initial and repeat orders, utilizing excellent time management.
- Bring a new Commodity to the company and sell that item to existing and new customers.
- Meet or exceed annual sales plan by developing specific growth plan.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, making recommendations to management.
- Communicate with the Shipping Dept. to ensure accuracy with customer orders.
- Must understand and be familiar with grades and conditions of various fresh produce items.
- Actively review the quality of products to ensure aptness for customers.
- Inspect inbound product for quality, grade and defects – communicate to Salespersons/Buyers
- Work hand in hand with inventory team.
- Be aware of daily inventory items that may need to be moved quickly due to days on hand or quality concerns.
- Communicate product returns if needed.
- Communicate to Vendors when products show unseen defects – request price adjustments/protection.
- Must be punctual.
- Be aware of scheduled times for outbound orders, and work to achieve these goals.
- Communicate any issues relating to timeliness of delivery to Salespersons/Buyers.
- Establishes and maintains a reputation of credibility and responsiveness; promptly returns vendor and store phone calls, ensures timely follow-up.
Perform other related duties as required.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Strong Communication – Able to communicate directions, obtains clarification to ensure understanding, and responds well to inquiries.
- Professionalism - Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Demonstrated ability to accept change and be a proponent of change in meeting customers’ needs, and as needed. Maintains professionalism during stressful situations and maintains composure. A Jr. Buyer represents the company when working with Vendors, as well as customers.
- Three or more years in food/produce industry – Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with Famous Software (preferred)
- Experience with other produce software is a plus
- Basic math skills and reasoning skills – Required
- Bilingual (speak/read/write) - English/Spanish – Highly Preferred
- Intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) – Required
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels of organization
- Experience with Famous Software (preferred)
- Able to move/lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to work in temperatures typical of a refrigerated warehouse environment
- Position spends 50% of time on feet either walking, lifting, pulling and pushing
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Being a family-owned and run business, our team is family. We offer a great work environment, and a competitive compensation package including health benefits.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.