Fair Trade USA’s Fresh Goods team works to drive positive impact back to farming and fishing communities through the expansion of programs and markets for Fair Trade Certified produce, flowers, and seafood.
As the Partnership Development Specialist, your role is focused on growing the impact of our Fair Trade Certified produce program through supporting produce brand partners. Candidates with a higher level of experience may be considered for a Manager level role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for fostering relationships with new and existing business partners and identifying opportunities to expand their Fair Trade Certified produce offerings and sales; you will also pitch, land, and onboard prospective brand partners to launch Fair Trade Certified products. You will create and deliver reports to key produce partners to monitor and track the performance and impact of their Fair Trade Certified programs. You will build your expertise in how our program addresses the challenges facing farmers and workers through on-the-ground experience, and put that to work advocating for our program in the industry.
The ideal candidate is passionate about our mission, organized, and a great communicator. You are people-oriented, focused on building relationships and delivering quality customer service to our business partners. You are curious, open to new ideas, view challenges as an opportunity to grow, and are willing to learn from your teammates. Most importantly, you work well with others, especially across multiple teams, and take initiative to get things done and drive our program forward.
- Develop and manage relationships with produce brands to support existing partnerships and onboard new accounts.
- Work closely with our Producer Services team in the US, Latin America, and beyond to monitor status of Fair Trade Certified farms to ensure the success of our certified supply chains.
- Create and deliver partner performance reports to analyze and communicate program growth and opportunities for driving more impact.
- Support with coordination of events and represent the organization at industry trade shows, conferences, and networking opportunities (both virtual and in-person).
- When it becomes safe to do so, some travel (~15%) will be required for events, trade shows, meetings, and visits to Fair Trade Certified farms (domestically and internationally) to deepen knowledge of our program.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Proficiency in Spanish is required. Bilingual/bicultural candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Customer service and/or relationship-building background, supported by outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think analytically, problem-solve creatively, learn, adapt and work both autonomously and with teams
- Must be able to prioritize work effectively and handle complex projects in a systematic and highly organized manner
- 2+ years of sales or relationship management experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of produce industry is a plus, but not required
- Strong commitment to the mission of Fair Trade USA
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to design reports, both written and data-focused, for a wide variety of audiences
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.
Apply Now »