Family Tree Farms is a family-owned grower/packer/shipper headquartered in Reedley, CA. Our operation encompasses over 5,000 acres of stone fruit and blueberries in central California as well as a combined 3,000 acres of blueberries in Mexico and Peru. Family Tree Farms’ mission statement is “to consistently produce, package and market the most flavorful fruit in the world.” In pursuit of this mission, we have established strong, worldwide relationships with our retail and wholesale partners. We are looking for capable and visionary people to join us and to be part of our flavor-focused growth plan.
We have an immediate opening for a Farm Controller to join our team in Dinuba, CA.
The Farm Controller will provide strong financial and accounting support to the team by building and managing our growing network of farms. The incumbent will be responsible for planning and coordinating farm budgets and business planning activities in alignment with corporate profitability and performance objectives. This role will build the reporting and business measurement infrastructure to help drive continuous operational improvement and will serve as the liaison between the grower/owner(s) and the accounting department on all finance and accounting planning and controllership functions.
- Manage all aspects of crop cost accounting.
- Manage the month-end financial close of all job costing and prepare reports as needed and/or required.
- Farm-specific financial planning, analysis and budget comparison reports.
- Reconciliation of variance reports and financial data.
- Responsible for journal entries.
- Partner with farm operations to ensure accurate and timely capture and reporting of all farm costs and operational metrics.
- Lead weekly/monthly financial and operational planning and reporting activities, including executive management reporting, analysis and forecasts, variance commentary and overall financial performance analysis.
- Capital spend management and accounting support related to the build, launch and/or maintenance of farms.
- Ability to provide real-time feedback on the financial performance of farms.
- Develop value-added analysis to help identify revenue and cost opportunities and work directly with the operations team to develop strategies to improve financial performance.
- Remain engaged in implementation of these solutions and provide reporting against progress towards established objectives.
- Develop and oversee internal farm controllership policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, required.
- Thorough knowledge of cost accounting procedures in the agriculture industry including but not limited to growing, harvesting, cooling, & transporting.
- Extensive Excel and General Ledger systems knowledge.
- FAMOUS software knowledge is highly preferred.
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes.
- Strong Business acumen, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven problem-solving skills, especially within a highly innovative environment
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills, and proactive thought leadership.
- Comfortable interfacing with and presenting to executive management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence all levels, including senior-level executives, with strong interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy representing the Finance and Accounting department in executive settings.
- Track record of success in delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.