Family Tree Farms is a well-established grower, packer and marketer of the highest quality stone fruit and berries with company owned ranches in California, Mexico, and Peru. Family Tree Farms is headquartered in Reedley California and is a family owned business. We believe that great product, hard work, and doing business with integrity are cornerstones of a successful business and successful careers.
We are currently seeking to hire a highly motivated blueberry farm manager who is eager to work for a growing company and is willing to travel outside the United States. This job will be based in Peru at our farm which is located about three hours from the capital city Lima. We are seeking an individual who is willing to live at our farm and represent our brand from August (2019) until January (2020). This will be a seasonal position with the expectation of rehiring the right candidate each year. This employee will serve as liaison between our Peru farm and Reedley Headquarters to manage the blueberry packing operation.
This is an opportunity not only to travel, but gain valuable experience in produce management and quality control. We are looking for an individual with solid moral integrity and character who will work hard to manage a product that he or she can be proud of.
- Associate’s Degree
- Be willing to travel
- Prior experience and knowledge of produce industry is preferred
- Computer literate: Word, Outlook & Excel
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Quick learner, logical thinker and team oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, with all levels of the organization, including ability to comprehend, read, and write
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent Follow-through skills
- Work with Famous Software
- Manage quality control & packing process
- Ensure blueberries are shipped to the appropriate customers
- Communicate blueberry defects to management
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Proven track record of strong customer relationships
- Ability to work independently