We are currently seeking to hire a highly motivated QA Specialist who is eager to work for a growing company. This job will be based in Nogales, AZ and Ephrata, PA at our cold storage facilities. We are seeking an individual who is willing to live at our Nogales facility from mid-February until the end of May, then live at our Ephrata, PA facility form July until January. This will be a seasonal position with the expectation of rehiring the right candidate each year. This is an opportunity not only to travel, but gain valuable experience in agribusiness and quality control.
We are looking for an individual with solid moral integrity and character who will work hard to manage a product that he or she can be proud of.
- Monitors quality of incoming product to ensure product quality meets or exceeds specifications.
- Coordinates processing/finished product inspections with production manager/supervisors/leads to ensure high quality is maintained on a regular basis, and reports to Operations & Management staff.
- Follow all company safety policies, procedures and ability to implement.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems associated with incoming/processed/finished products.
- Be able to relocate between Nogales, AZ and Ephrata, PA.
- Previous knowledge of produce industry.
- Computer literate: Word, Outlook & Excel.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Quick learner, logical thinker and team oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, with all levels of the organization, including ability to comprehend, read, and write.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related discipline.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Proven track record of strong customer relationships.
- Ability to work independently.