Field Fresh Foods, Inc. was founded in 1994 with a vision of service to the Southern California market, which quickly expanded to the western portion of the United States. We saw a need within the food processing industry for service, distribution, and manufacturing that is based around freshness, and not shelf life. This need created our business model, “provide the freshest food, that meets the highest level of specification and quality”. Everything is cut to order and our daily schedule is based around servicing the needs of our clients.
We now have an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in Gardena, CA.
As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will have direct responsibility for managing the Plant’s Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Sanitation Departments while providing the highest quality products that meet and or exceeds customer expectations. The ideal candidate will have the ability to strategically delegate, follow up and complete projects on time and will be highly motivated to continuously seek ways to improve our standards and processes. You will be responsible for inspecting procedures, outputs and identifying mistakes or non-conformity issues in quality assurance and food safety.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, food science, chemistry, microbiology, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Certification in HACCP, SQF, PCQI or other related programs.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food manufacturing and experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role is required.
- Must have knowledge of food safety programs (HACCP, GMPs, Sanitation, Pest Control).
- English and Spanish proficiency is required.
- Knowledge in Self, 2nd and 3rd Party Auditing.
- Knowledge of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Processing is Preferred.
- Knowledge of SPC and Quality Control Statistics.
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards.
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and a result driven approach.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
This is a great opportunity to take your Food Safety and Quality Assurance career to the next level!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.