Fillmore-Piru Citrus is a fresh-pack, grower-owned citrus packing house in east Ventura County, California. In 1897, seven bold pioneers united to form a cooperative that would grow the finest citrus in the world. Over the past 100 years, Fillmore-Piru Citrus Association has become known for its high-quality fruit as well as its family-oriented environment, which is the key to our success. Our close-knit team works collaboratively to provide fresh citrus for the United States and other global markets.
Today, using state-of-the-art technology, our packing house ensures that freshly picked citrus is packed and shipped to retain just-picked freshness. We aim to be an industry leader of freshly packed fruit. To this end, we focus on enhancing Quality, Efficiency, Teamwork, Safety, and Customer Service. Mostly, we value our people who are the key to our future and our success.
We are seeking our next President to lead our team in Piru, CA.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leveraging their perfect blend of skills in strategy and diplomacy to help drive this already successful business move forward into the future.
This President is responsible for presiding over the entire workforce and will manage budgets and make sure all resources are allocated properly. This is the company’s senior leadership position and serves as an Officer of the company, reporting to the Board of Directors.
The individual we are looking for must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Agribusiness, or related field is required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of fruit packing, production and/or sales experience.
- Experience with oranges, lemons and avocados preferred.
- Experience in California business market preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead across cultures and functions.
- Ability to collaborate, motivate, coach, and supervise others.
- Experience leading cultural and organizational change initiatives.
- Conflict resolution and facilitation skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Experience with negotiating contracts.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically.
- Ability to accurately work with numbers and analyze data scrutinizing it from various perspectives.
- Possess the drive to take ownership of projects and see them through to completion.
- Computer Skills: Fluency in Microsoft Office applications and logistics software. Experience with Famous software preferred.
- Must be able to speak English. Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- Valid California driver license.
- Some traveling is required.
Our company offers an attractive wage and benefit package that includes:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Group Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation/Time Off
- Bonus Program
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.