The Payroll Manager is responsible for the major functions of the company’s payroll needs. This position ensures the accuracy and timeliness of payroll as well as the strict adherence to federal, state and local regulations. As this position also interacts with all facets of the company, customer service plays an important role, serving our employees to the best of the company’s ability.
Accountability: Model and promote Broetje Orchards’ mission, vision, and core values of love, community, respect, compassion and purpose.
Coordination: Work as a team member to ensure service to employees and fair and clear payroll processes are maintained.
Trust: Establish and maintain the confidentiality required in dealing with payroll-related issues while also ensuring that that service is done with compassion consistent with the company’s core values.
Leadership: Demonstrate initiative and provide appropriate advice and recommendations as appropriate to ensure the continued improvement of the company in meeting its business as mission goals.
Responsibility: Ensure that employees and managers alike are adhering to policies and procedures.
Overall Duties include:
Payroll services: Ensure the successful performance of all payroll processing needs for all Broetje Orchard operations (and affiliated organizations as deemed appropriate). Includes:
- Processing timecard and salary verification
- Input data and reconciliation of time management software (Kronos) with our payroll accounting systems (Famous).
- Submission and printing of checks
- Singlepoint/Banking: ACH transfers, stop payments, approval of batches and importing new DD accounts.
Staff Supervision: Supervise full- and part-time staff as needed and ensure their successful performance in the functions of payroll (stated above).
Salary payroll: Data input, printing checks, etc.
Pay rates and earnings codes - Updating and maintaining in the Famous system.
New Hires: Ensure timely and accurate submission of new hire information and their entry into the Famous system for processing.
Employee Record Maintenance: Ensure accurate, daily updating of employee information including:
- I-9 information, Direct Deposit requests and deductions.
- Inactivating employees due to ‘quits, terminations, layoffs, etc.
Unemployment: Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining adequate tracking and filing of our unemployment data with our 3rd party administrator.
- Maintaining communications and coordination with the 3rd party administrator to ensure adequate accountability and service to the company.
Employee Requests: Ensure timely follow-through on employee request affecting their payroll-related issues including: Copies of W-2’s, unclaimed checks, and other check-related problems.
Reporting: Provide reports as needed to communicate payroll activity and analysis.
- B.A./B.S. in related field
- 5 years+ Payroll experience
- Supervisory experience in Human Resources or related field
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working across cultures
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred)