Food Safety Net Services (FSNS) focuses on providing 24/7/365 testing excellence for our customers. John and Gina Bellinger started FSNS in 1994 with a two-fold mission: exceed customer expectations and provide expedited and timely results. With this customer-focused cornerstone, FSNS continues to strategically expand our nationwide services for the food safety, consumer products, and nutraceutical industry. Our national network of ISO 17025 and A2LA Accredited Operating Laboratories are designed and consistently operated to create a better overall testing experience for our clientele.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Director of Lab Operations in Fresno, CA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overall supervision of the Fresno laboratory operations to include long range planning and the implementation of strategies for retaining, developing and expanding the business. Responsible for consistently producing accurate test results, maintaining and increasing the customer base and testing services.
Our company offers exciting opportunities for individuals interested in the food safety industry. We welcome individuals who are looking for a dynamic organization that prides itself in its unequivocal excellence in service to its customers and employees.
Our People: We are committed to creating long-term value for our people, supporting their success and satisfaction as our internal customers and team members.
Diversity: We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including (but not limited to) Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Benefits: Our company offers an attractive wage and benefit package. Our competitive salary, combined with our insurance and benefits, make us the "logical career choice".
- Progressive 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Group Medical
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- Many positions which qualify for the company bonus program
- Oversight of planning and managing the laboratory budget.
- Ensure customer needs are met in a cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of all laboratory services to include microbiology and chemistry.
- Ensure the attainment of company objectives through the selection, development, motivation and evaluation of lab staff. Directly manage the laboratory operation relating to hiring, termination, and performance management issues.
- Attention to consistent implementation of policies, procedures and business practices for all employees.
- Responsible for the selection and establishment of appropriate test methodology.
- Interact with clients/projects requiring multiple resources and effectively facilitate inter-company and interdepartmental initiatives and interactions to best meet the needs of the client/project.
- Supervise laboratory operations to maintain quality, efficiency and turnaround time on lab work.
- Participate in large project proposals with attention to profitability and client satisfaction.
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence by staying current on scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food industry issues and trends.
- Foster smoothly running laboratory functions through timely and effective resolution of disruptions; i.e.: equipment maintenance, purchases and laboratory supplies. Ensure the laboratory is clean, sanitary, well organized and that building/equipment maintenance operations are performed.
- Works with Laboratory team to be ISO 17025 compliant and ensure that the Corporate Quality Management System is correctly employed.
- Ensure the lab maintains the Laboratory Safety Program at all times.
- Direct supervision of a team of approximately 10 managers, supervisors and senior staff.
- Indirect supervision and oversight of up to 100 incumbents, variable by volume.
- BS required, MS degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Technology, or related field technical procedures, or governmental regulations preferred or pursuing.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.