We’re searching for that special someone!
Are you a multitasker with incredible customer service and strong managerial skills? Does a busy and highly dynamic, ever-changing environment energize you? Are you super organized but at the same time can adjust to ever changing conditions? If your answers are yes, yes, and yes this could be the career opportunity for you!
Foothill Packing is an established company operating in Yuma, AZ. and Salinas, CA. We provide agricultural labor solutions and custom harvesting to our customers, creating value for farmers while maintaining a safe and professional program. At Foothill we invest in cutting edge technology and are always exploring new ways to improve our processes. We are passionate about quality and our customers while providing operational support functions to the agriculture industry.
The Foothill Packing team has incredibly dedicated employees with years of service behind them. We are proud of the fact that we have people who spend their entire careers with us and become members of our family. We encourage everyone to contribute their ideas and come up with ways to enhance our business. In return, we offer a positive work environment, stability, mentorship, and room for advancement to those who wish to move up in the company.
As our business continues to flourish we are looking to add an experienced Assistant General Manager to our team in Yuma. The ideal candidate is a high-energy, career-minded professional who is passionate about agriculture and leading people. The Assistant General Manager will be in many ways the “Air Traffic Controller” responsible for overseeing daily operations and ensuring that we are performing at the highest levels of efficiency, and safety. This person will be interacting with our customers constantly to communicate production and quality levels. In addition, the Assistant General Manager will make sure that staffing levels are maintained, crews are trained, and all regulations are being adhered to.
- Monitor that all crews, personnel and equipment are being used in the most efficient manner to minimize cost.
- Interact with shippers, growers, and customers to ensure quality and productivity needs are being obtained.
- Ensure that foremen, supervisors, and laborers are in compliance with all State and Federal Labor Laws and have received training and understand new hire registration procedures.
- Monitor the recruitment, hiring and training of: field managers, foreman, supervisors, mechanics and other personnel as needed.
- Identify potential economic opportunities and submit operational proposals for approval.
- Evaluate operational tasks being offered to customers and determine those that have the potential for expansion and those that have limited economic viability.
- Provide effective relationships with managers, office staff, foremen and supervisors; providing constructive feedback on attendance, quality and quantity of work being performed.
- Work with outside agencies to reduce the company’s losses in workers compensation and general liability. Also strive to reduce the company's MOD rate.
- Manage Safety programs through interaction with crew members and ensure that they have a safe working environment.
- Inspect crews for compliance with the Company’s Good Agriculture Practices Program (GAPP); provide on the spot correction to any violation and notify the safety manager.
- In conjunction with CFO, develop management tools, reports and systems to facilitate timely cost feedback to managers.
- Contract development and negotiation with clients.
- In conjunction with office staff, monitor and ensure all regulatory requirements are met for all aspects of the company. DOT, IRS, Federal and State Licenses (to name a few.)
- Work with the HR Department for recruitment needs and accounting on billing processes for contracts.
- Direct and enforce procedures and policies of the company’s operations within the region.
- Review accounts receivables on a weekly basis and contact customers for payment on anything outstanding.
- Lead in developing a Strategic Plan for all Operational area(s) along with planning equipment purchases.
- Responsible for the profitability of operations while implementing a security plan to protect company assets.
- Participation in owners financial and strategic planning meetings.
- Developing and monitoring reports for daily, weekly, and monthly productivity.
- Working with shop managers in developing maintenance standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of agricultural methods, practices and equipment;
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, company accounting software, word processing,and ;computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Initiative to develop new procedures to make field work processes more efficient.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Clean DMV driving record.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in Ag Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Over 10 years’ of progressive experience with agricultural field operations and harvesting.
- “Field Level” Spanish.
- Mathematics acumen.
- Strong analytical/numbers capabilities and problem-solving capabilities.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.