This position is responsible for Fleet Maintenance throughout the Enterprise. This position is directly responsible for maintaining equipment, maintenance records and maintenance inventory for the company and ensuring State and Federal compliance on equipment and vehicles.
- Physical inspection in the field of all “on road” equipment to insure minimal down time and CHP, DOT and OSHA compliance.
- Prioritizing and implementing the mechanics duties at all Foothill operational areas (Currently Yuma, Huron, Salinas, Santa Rosa).
- Development and implementation of service protocols.
- Scheduling of all PM and routine schedules of DOT vehicles.
- Thru staff input and tracking of maintenance records.
- Tracking and prioritizing of scheduled maintenance.
- Review of Daily Maintenance records, generating information into system, filing, and communicating prioritization to Mechanics.
- Monitor and maintain DOT maintenance records in accordance to State and Federal requirements.
- Thru staff monitor and maintain all driver files so they are in compliance.
- Coordinate BIT -DOT inspections with appropriate agencies.
- Ensure that ‘tag out/lock out’ safety program is completely followed.
- Working with outside shops to insure the best service and prices are being provided to Foothill.
- Monthly documentation of Foothill’s equipment physical and departmental location.
- Directing, monitoring and developing of support staff.
- Development and implementation of a Repair and Maintenance system.
- Review and approve all R&M Invoices providing Cost Center identification; submit invoices to A/P for payment on a timely basis, not more than 3 days after receipt.
- Communicating with Office, Supervisors, Managers, Mechanics, on maintenance needs and concerns.
- Review equipment life-cycle and participate with senior management in planning equipment rotation and purchases to support ongoing operations.
- Work with outside vendors to supply supplemental equipment as needed.
- Provide input and assist in developing new automated processes for recording maintenance data.
- Management of Mechanics and Dispatchers – hiring, training, disciplining, monitoring, setting schedules, reviews.
- Working with outside vendors to provide services as needed.
- Coordinate with local Safety personnel for specialized training and review of R&M Safety protocols.
- Understanding of DOT and State transportation laws.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office, i.e. Word, Excel, Access.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
Any associate degree or higher with 4 years experience emphasis in agricultural; or an equivalent combination of experience (8 years), education, and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position. Mechanical experience of 10 years or more, with a minimum of 4 years at a Supervisory Position.
Valid Class A or B or C driver’s license with a DMV record acceptable to our insurance carrier.
Bilingual/bi-literate in English/Spanish.
Basic high school/college
- Seasonal relocation to Yuma, AZ (approximately November – March) and Salinas, CA (approximately April – October).
- Frequent travel to operational areas as needed.
- Light to moderate lifting (up to 60 pounds).
- Reaching, stooping, pulling, pushing, climbing, and manual dexterity.
- Operating a computer, calculator, copier and typewriter involves repetitive hand arm movement.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Working in a outside environment.
- Entering data by touch requires the ability to hear computer alarms for errors.
- Communication via phone and radio.
- Must be able to handle multi-tasks and work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to deal professionally with outside vendors.
- Communication with other staff members involves making productive contact.