This position is responsible for Managing the Safety-Food Safety Program of the Company. The Safety-Food Safety Manager will develop and oversee all safety and food safety regulations, policies for the Yuma – Huron area of operations. This position will also be the Human Resources contact for field personnel.
- Ensure that all policies, programs, and daily operations are in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and procedures.
- Implement and enforce the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Ensure that all required postings are updated in all areas, to include foreman and office binders.
- Review and maintain safety instructions in Employee Handbook, Administrative and Field.
- Maintain a presence at field locations to review activities and provide all employees with an opportunity to discuss any matter relating to safety.
- Provide topical subjects for Safety Meetings and randomly observe ‘Tailgate’ Safety Meetings.
- Schedule and arrange all Safety Meetings/Training not applicable to ‘Tailgate” meetings.
- Routinely inspect all equipment and vehicles for general safety conditions; field, office, shop.
- Ensure ‘lock – out, tag – out’ procedures are being followed.
- Monitor all industrial injuries, determine causal circumstances, and chart a course of action to minimize or eliminate reoccurrences.
- Ensure all first aid kits; bus, office, shop, vehicle are inspected and replenished.
- Schedule and arrange all classes and instruction needed for Commercial Drivers.
- Coordinate with Safety-Food Safety coordinator of Yuma-Huron their daily activities.
- Asist in company vehicle accident with injuries and send paperwork to Salinas.
- Coordinate with Administrative Safety assistant accident vehicle for repairs.
- Develop, oversee, inspect, and enforce field sanitation program.
- Develop and provide training for food safety requirements.
- Develop, oversee, and maintain the HACCP Program and “Good Agricultural Practices” (GAP) Program.
- Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, as well as maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures as relate to any food safety concerns.
- Conduct food safety audits as well as manage third party audits.
- Monitor and verify activities to ensure that all products coming in and out of the field meet food safety standards.
- Update existing food safety procedures and documentation to keep up with changing requirements.
- Work closely with Field Managers on any food safety issues.
- Ensure that all company food safety procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times.
Valid California Class C driver’s license.
Bilingual/bi-literate in English/Spanish
Basic high school/college
Agricultural Safety and Food Safety experience, with management level in HACCP and Safety. Office methods, practices and equipment; knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing; Computer literate in Microsoft office, i.e. Word, Excel; ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
Any associate degree or college equivalent in social sciences with emphasis in agricultural; or an equivalent combination of experience (3 years), education, and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position.