Located in Fresno, California, Fowler Packing Company is the parent company to some of the industry’s most popular brands including Peelz Citrus, Samsons Grapes, G3 Development Company, and EMID Design Group. Fowler Packing was formed in 1950 as a small tree fruit operation and has grown into a trendsetter in quality, efficiency and sustainability. Today the company is built of over 700 full-time employees and frontrunners in agriculture, real estate, and interior design industries.
We have an immediate opening for a Tax Manager to join our team in Fresno, CA.
The Tax Manager is responsible for managing Fowler Packing and its Related Entities as well as Ownership income tax planning and compliance, ownership tax services, and other tax related processes. If you are looking for an in-house position that offers a variety of work, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited 4 year university.
- CPA License
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in tax preparation
- Demonstrate knowledge of fixed assets and depreciation
- Real estate or agricultural experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Research skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Be able to work independently
- Commitment and ability to meet critical business deadlines
- Exhibit a willingness to be part of a “team” and work under pressure, and confidentiality
For 70 years, Fowler Packing has provided thousands of employees the opportunities to build a rewarding career that includes continued education, robust corporate culture, competitive compensation, benefits packages, and paid sick and holidays. Additionally, all employees enjoy complimentary meals at one of our two on-site cafeterias, and on-site health clinic visits at no cost.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.