In business since 1994, The Fresh Connection is one of the largest export trading companies in the United States.
As the leading exporter of farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, we source more than 50 different types of fruits and vegetables from over 300 growers and export to 35 markets globally. We have offices in the United States, South Africa, Australia, Chile & Mexico and can offer our customers a supply solution year-round. We work hard to have product knowledge across a full range of commodities & are able to supply all channels of trade including wholesale distributors, retail and food service.
Our experienced field staff inspects & hand selects all commodities sourced for export and strives to understand our growers, customers, markets & channels. We built our business on exceptional customer service and strong relationships with our customers, growers & logistics providers.
We are now seeking a Director of Finance to join our team.
- Prepare the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for review and approval by the board. Work in conjunction with Sales and Executive Team to complete.
- Develop a T&E budget for all divisions.
- Prepare Sales staff bonuses based on gross margins for Executive’s review.
- Assist Executives as needed to monitor and identify areas of opportunities and threats by region, customer, and commodity.
- Part of Business Development and diligence assessment team.
- Experience with high growth, mergers and acquisitions.
- Part of the expense approval team.
- Experience with HR.
- At least 5 years experience with at least 2 years in management.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts for all 4 divisions.
- Bank financing – Responsible for renegotiations with lender, review of new banking agreements, preparation of covenant calculations and ensuring all other reporting requirements are delivered to the lender.
- Oversee and manage customers’ credit risk, payment terms, late payments along with complete oversight on company A/R.
- Experience working with International A/R and its collections
- Lead on any legal action regarding A/R and Claims
- Oversee and manage customer and grower claims.
- Raise any significant issues to Executives.
- Constant evaluation of international credit risk and potential ways to mitigate, including but not limited to International Credit Insurance.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements in all countries by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advise Executives of actions and potential risks.
- Ensure compliance with the LLC agreement, prepare board approval memos as required.
- Ensue all insurance policies are in place and the company has sufficient coverage.
- Prepare quarterly board packages and present financial results at the board meetings.
- Main point of contact and complete responsibility for the external and internal audits. Coordinates and ensures deliverables are provided on time.
- Main point of contact for any TP requests.
- Key contact with Tax advisors. Ensure tax filings are completed on time.
- Monthly financial reporting to the board and Total Produce.
- Prepare US GAAP financial statements and IFRS joint venture package.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of GAAP and IFRS accounting policies that impact Company’s financial reporting and provide guidance to accounting team in implementing new policies.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures and controls.
- Preparation of any accounting memos.
- Work with IT to develop reports to streamline processes and increase efficiencies.