The Fresh Produce & Floral Council is a trade association for the produce and floral industry located in Anaheim, CA. The mission of the Fresh Produce & Floral Council is to connect members to the information, education, and professional network they need to increase knowledge, grow their business and collectively advance the industry.
In this role you will support programs and events of the Council via promotion, marketing and on-site duties, maintain communications with FPFC membership and the industry, work directly with FPFC staff and vendors to develop creative for events. You will also maintain and update FPFC.org using WordPress and Internet4Associations and create and execute a regular slate of social media posts. Finally, you will report to and work under the general direction of the President, coordinate with Member Services Director on all event projects and work frequently with members, volunteers, vendors and venue staff.
Event and Program Promotion (30%)
- Participates in committee meetings to assess programming and promotions needs for events and programs. (5%)
- Develops and writes a slate of promotional emails for each event and program on the FPFC calendar, as well as other industry events as directed by President. (10%)
- Promotes events and programs on social media. (5%)
- Develops and writes materials to promote and support programs. (5%)
- Writes copy for invitations and works with vendors to develop print invitations, signs, programs, etc. (5%)
Member Communications (35%)
- Develops calendar of monthly newsletters with President. Develops content and writes monthly newsletter. Works with Tyger Marketing to get approval for newsletter advertising. (5%)
- Announces new FPFC members, new hires and position changes via social media. (5%)
- Sources other content for social media to maintain regular communication with membership and the industry. (5%)
- Responsible for collecting, posting and disseminating all event photos. (10%)
- Writes emails about industry news as directed by President. (5%)
- Writes press releases, columns and articles for industry trade press as directed by President. (5%)
Website Maintenance (10%)
- Acts as webmaster for FPFC.org, performing first-line support and troubleshooting for technical problems on the site. (3%)
- Creates event pages for FPFC events, linking to requisite PDFs and forms on Internet 4 Associations site. (4%)
- Updates site with Member Profiles, event photos, Fresh Digest issues, FPFC Market Report issues and other Council and program information. (3%)
- Event Support (25%)
- Writes scripts for events. (10%)
- Creates programs for events. (5%)
- Works with vendors and FPFC staff to create signs for events. (3%)
- Provides A/V support and other support as needed on site. (7%)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team setting, be flexible, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work and conflicting demands and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Must be a strong writer, able to produce member communications on short notice.
- Must have proven competence in graphic design with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of InDesign a plus.
- Must be proficient in document design using Microsoft Word.
- Must have a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Must have a working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Must be proficient with WordPress and experience with Divi Builder a plus.
- Must be familiar with a variety of social media platforms.
- Must be familiar with website and social media analytics.
- A/V knowledge a plus.
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be resourceful, able to react quickly to a variety of requests and competing demands from staff and industry members, and possess a professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills.
- Travel required: minimum 5 trips per year and multiple regional events throughout the year.
- Vehicle required. Proof of valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and automobile insurance required.