The Quality Control Supervisor is a leadership position at Fresh Valley Foods. It is expected that the person filling this position is a self-motivated, experienced technician capable of leading the staff of QC technicians in their daily duties and responsibilities. The position will work closely with, and deputize for, the QA Manager. The following is a list of duties and functions for the above named position.
Control of Facility
- Ensure that all employee facilities are being effectively cleaned by janitorial staff.
- Ensure that sanitizers are made-up, meet the required concentrations, and are positioned on-line pre-production.
- Ensure that all condensation is removed from the ceiling and equipment pre-production and during the processing shift.
- Ensure that all records and documents are maintained in an organized fashion in compliance with FDA requirements for issues of traceability, labeling, product and facility testing results, microbiological testing results, allergen control and general food safety.
- Perform daily pre-op sanitation inspections of entire facility as required.
- Monitor and document freezer and cooler temperatures.
- Request USDC certificates for products scheduled for international shipping as and when required.
HACCP & FSMA
- Responsible for supporting and enforcing the HACCP & FSMA Plans in compliance with USDC/FDA regulations.
- Ensure that all quality control technicians are thoroughly trained in the execution of the HACCP Plans and that they are competent and capable of monitoring CCPs daily.
- Review all HACCP records daily to ensure that all critical control points have been correctly monitored, documented, and that any required corrective actions have been taken and documented.
- Ensure that all equipment (thermometers, scales, etc.) are properly maintained and calibrated per the HACCP Plans and on schedule.
- Monitor and maintain allergen program.
- Maintain, monitor and test recall procedures.
- Understand basic food microbiology.
- Ensure that there are valid finished product working specifications for the lab and production line supervisor.
- Ensure that all returned product is inspected in a timely manner and that an appropriate disposition is communicated to Sales and to the Logistics Manager.
- Ensure that all finished products are organoleptically tested in accordance with finished product specifications and in a manner consistent with USDC and GSP HACCP Plan(s).
- Ensure that all QC technicians understand and are properly equipped to carry out their daily assignments.
- Ensure that all QC technicians have clear job descriptions, are properly trained to perform their jobs, and ensure that all employees and temporary workers are trained in GMPs and proper food-handling procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring effective monitoring of the production floor to ensure that GMPs and SOPs/SSOPs are being followed. Ensure that corrective actions are employed and follow-up on issues are performed where required.
- Routinely monitor and ensure all product labels conform to FDA regulations, are accurate and complete.
- Assisting the QA Manager in the preparation and execution of 3rd party audits.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions
- Bi-lingual language skills a plus
- Current HACCP certification preferred