The 2nd Shift Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for receiving and shipping quality products safely and efficiently. This is accomplished through maintaining an organized warehouse, orderly process flow and accurate inventory. Additionally, the 2nd Shift Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for developing supervisors and leads to effectively and efficiently meet and/or exceed shift goals for safety, quality and productivity. The manager coordinates activities with the facility leadership team as required to meet this goal.
Establishes operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory.
Creates daily labor schedule sufficient to meet customer shipping requirements
Assigns workers to specific duties.
Monitor daily warehouse efficiency and provide daily feedback on performance to warehouse team
Understand drivers of poor performance and overtime usage and put improvement plans in place
Coordinates inbound inspections and outbound audits with QA Manager and 2nd Shift QA Inspectors and coordinates subsequent disposition.
Ensure contingency plans are in place for warehouse workers in case of unscheduled downtime
Coordinate warehouse cleaning with Food Safety Manager
Observes warehouse operations to verify conformance to work specifications.
Review defect logs and puts preventative measures in place
Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet daily shipping and receiving schedules.
Communicates with Production Manager and General Managers regarding issues that arise in the warehouse.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages 2nd shift subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the Warehouse and Shipping department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five years warehouse experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual, American English and Spanish is desired.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Listen, speak clearly, and communicate well with others.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Environment is occasionally in refrigerated zone.
- Competent user of required systems:
- Produce Pro ERP and Inspection App
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Seek additional training as required
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals, values and over all company culture.
- Teamwork - Working collaboratively with a group of people, in order to achieve Freshouse goals. Joint action by a group of people, in which individual interests are secondary to group unity and efficiency. Cooperate using individual skills and provide constructive feedback.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses discretion when delegating tasks; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.