Under the direction of the Retail Sales Manager, this position will be responsible for the execution of retail merchandising and schematic discipline. You will need to build trust and rapport with each Produce Manager and his/her team. Monitor store level schematic integrity, healthy rotation, and monitor general market condition. Take pictures, perform price checks with competitors, analyze ad placement, report sku totals, identify erroneous shelf tags, monitor double-facing as it relates to schematic discipline, and report overall condition of produce set to Retail Sales Manager daily.
#1 Priority – Build trust and rapport with the Produce Team at each retail location. The stronger the relationship, the more decisions our customer will be open to handing over to you. You are a strong advocate for sales in the field, and your knowledge of produce as it relates to driving sales must be adopted and valued by every customer. The information (photos, price checks, SKU totals, ad placement, etc.) you obtain while in-store will be combined with additional data from the Retail Sales Manager, and presented to our corporate retail entities regularly.
- Maintain territory as assigned to build/establish grocery retail relationships.
- Take initiative to expand space/presence on all brands/products by building/moving displays and/or product to establish best location for sales on all company products as necessary in assigned stores.
- Rotate, stock all company authorized products as needed on every grocery store call.
- Maintain schematic integrity, re-merchandising projects as needed including grand openings/re-models as requested by retailer.
- Develops/maintains relationships with retailer store/field operations personnel and supervisors to facilitate account penetration and achieve maximum sales, execution and participation on all company promotions and programs.
- Sell/up-sell and monitor retail distribution of all headquarter-authorized products for all stores in assigned territory as needed and as store situation dictates.
- As trained and directed, accurately record all data-gathering objectives as instructed through use of company hand-held devices.
- Execute/maintain/monitor all company-driven marketing initiatives and programs for all stores in assigned territory as applicable including maintenance of POS and coupon/tie-in programs as assigned.
- Provide chain specific information and communication on daily basis as needed and as requested by supervisor.
- Maintains all company provided equipment and material in acceptable working order and condition.
- Minimum two years retail produce store-level experience. Ideally, candidate will also have knowledge in distribution and food industry.
Clean driving record and proof of insurance REQUIRED.
Excellent knowledge of fresh produce.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs with no restrictions. This position is physical in nature and requires a candidate who enjoys being active throughout the day.
Strong communication skills and ability to handle crisis situations effectively.
Earely morning risers will fair best in this role; 7AM to 3:30 PM is a reasonable work window in store.
- High School diploma or equivalent