At Fruit Growers Supply Company, we’ve been providing growers, pickers, packers, and shippers in agriculture with everything under the sun since 1907. As the nation’s longest running non-profit supply cooperative, you won’t find an agricultural supplier with more experience, higher quality products, or better service. Whether it's supplies, irrigation design and installation, citrus wax, corrugated packaging, custom wooden shipping pallets, or timber sales –– we've got you covered.
We are now offering an amazing opportunity for a Senior Irrigation Department Manager to join our team in Orange Cove, CA.
This individual will oversee the planning, organizations and execution of all tasks involved in the irrigation department. This includes planning, budgeting, and project management related to irrigation projects which result in over 15 million in Sales. They will manage a group of individuals, provide coaching and the necessary tools need to perform their jobs while effectively managing performance.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Four year degree in Agriculture or Business or a related field; or equivalent education and workexperience related to agriculture or purchasing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform functions of a complex nature are highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft office; Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Irricad / Autocad experience required
- A valid California driver’s license and a reliable automobile available for business use as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Requires effective and frequent interaction on an individual and group basis.
- Bilingual ability (English/Spanish) is highly desirable.
At Fruit Growers Supply Company, we believe that our strength and longevity is a result of the hard work and dedication from our employee’s contributions. We foster a safe and respectful work environment with diversity and inclusion for all employees. We aim to achieve a strong work/life balance for everyone by providing wellness education and benefits including holiday, vacation and sick time. We believe that when our employees are happy, so are our customers.
Your health and welfare are important to us and your benefits are an integral component to your overall compensation. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance programs, voluntary benefits for legal, short-term disability, pet insurance, identity theft coverage, employee-paid critical illness, and family care solutions for children and elderly.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.