Fruit Growers Supply Company has an immediate opening for a Senior Irrigation Manager. In 1907, FGS was created for growers, by growers to help Sunkist with their agricultural supply chain needs. For over one century we’ve been providing generations of local growers and packers with the services, materials, and support they need to grow, harvest, package, and ship their products.
We manufacture corrugated cartons, pallets, food grade wax, and packline equipment. We also design and install irrigation systems, and sell agricultural supplies and equipment to the public. We are sustainable and pride ourselves on being responsible foresters.
- This individual will oversee the planning, organization and execution of all tasks involved in the irrigation department.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, and project management related to irrigation projects that result in over 15 million in Sales.
- Responsible for leading and planning all facets related to the design applications
- This individual manages the generation of sales, bidding and estimate process for all new and existing business
- This individual will manage a group of individuals, provide coaching and necessary tools needed to perform their jobs while effectively managing performance
- This individual will be responsible for managing sales and expenses and understand the basic mechanics of a P&L
- Oversees and supervises several members of the administrative staff
- Responsible for promoting, supporting and implementing safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Provides for the safekeeping and maintenance of company assets and premises
- Actively engages in developing and monitoring programs designed to enhance customer service and sales
Education & Experience
- Strong familiarity with the San Joaquin Valley, Fresno County, and Tulare County
- Four year degree in Agriculture or Business or a related field; or equivalent education and work experience related to agriculture or purchasing
- Must be fast-paced, high energy, a self-starter, with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to perform functions of a complex nature are highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft office; Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook. Irricad/Autocad experience required
- A valid California driver's license and a reliable automobile available for business use as required. May be required to travel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Requires effective and frequent interaction on an individual and group basis
- Bilingual ability (English/Spanish) is highly desirable