Full Harvest is a high-growth, VC-backed AgTech startup solving food waste (Forbes’ Top 25 Innovative AgTech Startups). We are the first B2B marketplace connecting farms with food & beverage businesses to sell ugly and surplus produce that would have otherwise gone to waste. We recently raised an $8.5 million Series A, led by Spark Capital, and are using the investment to rapidly grow our team. Are you up to the challenge of helping solve one of the world's largest problems of food waste?
We're looking a Head of Supply with deep agriculture or produce industry knowledge and team management experience. The position will require extensive travel to farms to work hand-in-hand with growers on innovating and improving harvesting methods with our supply team. The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of agriculture, produce pricing, and an extensive farm relationship network. The position will report to the CEO and play a large role in the growth of our farm network and produce supply & pricing. You will join a friendly, driven and passionate team, determined to solve food waste.
Our office is in downtown San Francisco. This position can be remote in northern California with 4-6 days a month required in the San Francisco office.
Manage the Grower Relations team to scale supply from existing and new growers
Ensure constant expansion of farm network, strong supply pipeline to eliminate gaps and new produce roll-outs
Work with growers to innovate on-farm harvesting methods to reduce waste
Strong negotiation skills with farms on produce costs, all terms of sales, product quality, specs, innovation, etc.
Follow market conditions on commodity items and develop supply-side contract and pricing strategies
Help to onboard new farms onto our online marketplace
Maintain strong long-term relationships with growers
Negotiate grower contracts, agreements and partnerships
Manage communication efforts by the Company to its existing and emerging outside grower community
Network within the industry and serve as a representative of the Company in various Industry organizations and functions
Contribute cross-functionally as an executive of the Sales & Operations team
Participate in operational planning with the executive team and work cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization
Identify opportunities that reduce cost and opportunities for significant growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Crop Science, Ag Business, or relevant discipline with broad interest in the agriculture industry
- Minimum of 8+ years of grower relations experience or produce procurement/ distributor experience, preferably in California
- Operationally minded. Strong project management and sales / operational rollout experience with acute attention to details
- Excellent negotiation skills and strategic acumen
- Very organized with strong follow-through skills, especially with suppliers and the Full Harvest team
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills - able to write succinct messages and communicate clearly
- Strong ability to analyze data and make qualified judgments on results
- A strategic thinker - and hands-on doer - to evaluate growers’ operations
- Demonstrated strong collaborative leadership and team-building experience
- Ability to travel local and statewide to meet with outside growers, identify new growers and/or production regions, expanding the Company's presence
- Track record of success in a start-up or fast-growth environment a major plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work directly with numerous growers, and internal team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word), plus possess the ability to learn systems quickly
- Tech savvy - comfortable working with and learning new applications
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission- solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- In-Office Lunch several days a week
Looking for more info about us? We recently closed our Series A with Tier 1 tech and ag firms, Spark Capital and Cultivian Sandbox. Learn more in this TechCrunch article.