Our world is all about fruit - bananas, and pineapples. Growing, sourcing, shipping, ripening, distributing, and marketing is all we do.
In the last several years we have been expanding in North America. In 2017 we switched terminals at the Philadelphia Port and became 100% containerized, which has given us greater flexibility to serve our customers. With this expansion comes exciting new challenges and opportunities. Our team members have the opportunity to contribute to our growth and success by sharing their ideas and working with our leaders in a collaborative environment.
We are currently searching for an experienced Transportation Manager to develop and execute carrier strategies for all of the company’s inland transportation. The ideal candidate will leverage their knowledge of the transportation business to help us to continuously improve our business by establishing key performance indicators (KPI’s) and best practices based on our customers’ needs.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of motivated people who are working towards the common goal of being the best. The Transportation Manager will be able to influence essential business practices in this highly visible role.We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and room for advancement.
- Responsible for sourcing of all inland transportation from all ports of entry to customers and Fyffes DCs in support of Sales.
- Negotiates freight rates and sources new carriers to maintain cost effective coverage on all shipping lanes.
- Maintains the routing guide and carrier rate tables.
- Maintains strong carrier relationships and tracks carrier costs and on time performance.
- Understands the national transportation market and closely monitors benchmarks to adjust carrier mix and strategies on all freight lanes.
- Leads carrier RFPs to support the sales plan for new and continuing business. Ensures that all loads are covered and tendered, all scheduled shipments pick up on time, and all loads in transit are tracked and delivered, seven days a week.
- Manages the Transportation Management System (TMS) and initiates change orders as necessary to continually improve the operations and reporting.
- Executes the carrier claim process to support disposition of product and recovery of costs.
- Oversees programs controlling direct container shipments and Dry and Reefer LTL.
- Track and report KPIs to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work closely with Sales, Operations and Accounting in execution of these duties.
- 5 years of experience in transportation management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Logistics or Related field.
- Familiarity with and experience in TMS and ERP systems.
- Motivated, self-starter capable of working with minimal direction and oversight.
- Experience in refrigerated/dry truckload as well as understanding of LTL and drayage.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills Knowledge of DOT regulations and the trucking industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and adapt to changing demands.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively work with others Highly capable and experienced in using MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).