The Garden, established in 1976 and located in beautiful sunny Jacksonville, FL, is a leading wholesale produce company servicing north Florida and southeast Georgia. We supply a vast array of fresh produce, fresh cut produce items, specialties, seasonings and custom spice blends, dairy, eggs and more to the finest restaurant, food service, retail and institutional establishments in the area. We're locally owned and operated by 3rd generation produce professionals who love supplying the best available products to our customers every day!
We have an immediate opening for an Operations Manager-Night shift to join our team in Jacksonville, FL.
The Operations Manager Night Shift is responsible for all operational functions and fresh produce order fulfillment during our night shift (approx 8pm-6am) in our Jacksonville, FL facility. Primarily this shift is responsible for selecting, verifying and shipping fresh produce orders, truck routing, load optimization and on-time truck departures.
The ideal candidate will have fresh produce and/or perishable food distribution leadership experience.
- The ability to drive implementation and continuous improvement.
- Create and maintain a team-oriented working environment.
- Ensure safe, continuous and efficient production of products.
- Ensure products conform to the company’s standard of quality.
- Implement tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievements.
- Assure understanding of, and adherence to, company policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting approved customer requirements and on-time delivery.
- High School graduate required. Some college preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in a Produce warehouse environment.
- Bi Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.