The Food Safety Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing foods safety systems designed to ensure adherence to specifications, food safety, regulatory compliance, and continuous improvement of products. This position is responsible for the Food Safety Department and will manage FSMA compliance, preventive controls program, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) assessments and reassessments.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Vacation.
- Develops, maintains and manages company’s food safety, food defense systems, quality assurance programs and policies.
- Develops and maintains up to date Food Safety procedures and programs. Documents the same in the form of a company Food Safety manual.
- Assures compliance to FSMA, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Maintains current library for all GMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs.
- Provides training and audit for QA programs including GMP, food safety, and sanitation.
- Acts as Liaison for regulatory agencies and third-party auditors.
- Knowledge of FSMA, GFSI, USDA grades and standards.
- Prefer bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to work as part of a collaborative and focused team.
- Proficient in Windows-based computer applications and computer research skills.
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to perform the primary functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or agriculture is required.
- Four years’ produce or other perishable food industry experience.