The foundation of the produce industry is built on relationships. General Produce has strong partnerships with customers and vendors alike. This includes many that go back many decades. Trust, commitment and mutual success fuel continued working relationships with our valued partners. We are local, stable and building for the future.
We have an immediate opening for a Freight Coordinator to join our team in Sacramento, CA.
The Freight Coordinator facilitates, secures and coordinates direct in-bound freight for products purchased at competitive rates.
- Coordinate purchases, hire carriers and dispatch carriers.
- Effectively load trucks to fullest capacity to ensure freight rates are at lowest cost per case.
- Manage loading process at the pick-up points to assure timely receiving of product.
- Monitor current transportation rates to keep company competitive.
- Participate in setting carriers’ standards and policies.
- Monitor insurance requirements mandated by company.
- Review and monitor contract agreements.
- Negotiate freight credits as needed for damaged product, late trucks, etc.
- Purchase assigned products.
- Current produce license to purchase produce. No PACA restrictions on that license.
- Effective written and oral communications.
- Proficient in Windows-based computer applications and computer research skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to adjust work to a changing environment.
- Ability to be available after hours via phone to answer questions and problem solve.
- Ability to perform the primary functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School graduate required.
- Three years’ experience in the produce and transportation field a plus.