We are now seeking a Freight Coordinator to join our team in Sacramento, CA.
Primary Purpose: The Freight Coordinator facilitates, secures and coordinates direct in-bound freight for products purchased at competitive rates.
- Coordinate purchases, hire carriers and dispatch carriers.
- Effectively load trucks to fullest capacity to ensure freight rates are at lowest cost per case.
- Manage loading process at the pick-up points to assure timely receiving of product.
- Monitor current transportation rates to keep company competitive.
- Participate in setting carriers’ standards and policies.
- Monitor insurance requirements mandated by company.
- Review and monitor contract agreements.
- Negotiate freight credits as needed for damaged product, late trucks, etc.
- Purchase assigned products.
The successful candidate will have:
- Current produce license to purchase produce. No PACA restrictions on that license.
- Effective written and oral communications.
- Proficient in Windows-based computer applications and computer research skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to adjust work to a changing environment.
- Ability to be available after hours via phone to answer questions and problem solve.
- Ability to perform the primary functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School graduate required. Three years’ experience in the produce and transportation field a plus.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.