General Produce Company was founded in 1933 by Chan Tai Oy, who emigrated from Canton, China to California in 1905. He started General Produce Company with his three sons, Eddie, Dan, Tom and nephew, Davis Sun. Chan initially operated Tong Sun Company, selling produce and fish from 1906 until 1933. Chan Tai Oy passed away in 1971 at the age of 85, passing the torch to his sons, Eddie, Dan, and Tom and nephew, Davis Sun.
Today: Cousins Tom Chan and Dan Chan are the third generation continuing the family tradition of excellence that began over 80 years ago. While we are committed to continuing our successful tradition of looking at customers as individuals, treating them with respect, and servicing each of them, one at a time, we also believe in evolving with our customers by developing and delivering new products and services which anticipate and fulfill their ever-changing needs..
We have an immediate opening for a Transportation Manager to join our team in Sacramento, CA.
- Managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization.
- Managing staff, budgets, organizing schedules and routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements.
- Directing and coordinating all customer service delivery activities to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting, operations management, inventory control, material handling and customer service.
- Innovation in thought processes in order to design and implement programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain the confidence and support of the workforce.
- Proficient in Windows-based computer applications and computer research skills.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Five years’ experience as a department manager.
- Proven track record and related job experiences within the produce industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/management or related field preferred.