General Produce Co. is leading distributor of fresh produce, proudly serving the fresh food industry for 88 plus years. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our Team and help write the next chapter in our long supply chain history. The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, organized and well-versed in all aspects of produce transportation and logistics including routing, documentation, compliance, distribution and transportation.
Above all, we desire someone who’s outgoing, enthusiastic with outstanding communication skills and a gift for identifying, coaching and mentoring talent. You will be leading General Produce’s Transportation Team into the future. Our new facility and warehouse is currently under construction and waiting for the right individual to take the coveted position of Transportation Manager.
We offer: Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits, an Exceptional Team Oriented Culture and Employee Appreciation, Casual Attire and all-around Fast-paced, fun place to work.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation aspects within the organization. This includes managing staff, budgets, organizing schedules and routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements. Directs and coordinates all customer service delivery activities to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel.
Sample Essential Functions:
- Meets expected metrics for productivity, quality and service.
- Analyzes effectiveness of all Transportation activities and directs implementation of policies and practices necessary to achieve highest service/low cost model.
- Conduct problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Evaluates all routes for maximum efficiency, including creating and eliminating routes.
- Conducts thorough and objective accident investigations related to company fleet.
- Develops cause-analysis of accidents and follows up to ensure appropriate
- Meets all legal requirements and ensures compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Department of Transportation (DOT), California Air Resources Board (CARB), International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), International Registration Plan (IRP), Unified Carrier Registration (UCR), Basic Inspection of Terminals (BIT) and others.
- Supervises, Routing Supervisor, Dispatch, and approximately 65 Drivers.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting, operations management, inventory control, material handling and customer service.
- Innovation in thought processes in order to design and implement programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain the confidence and support of the workforce.
- Proficient in Windows-based computer applications and computer research skills.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Five years’ experience as a department manager.
- Proven track record and related job experiences within the produce industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/management or related field preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.