A family owed business that puts quality and safety first, at George Chiala Farms, we are dedicated to supplying our customers with a high-quality line of vegetable products. We work hard, expect results, and expect our team to have a balance to enjoy their family and lives outside of work. We work as a family, providing from one family to another with our products.
We have an immediate opening for a FSQA Project Specialist to join our team in Hollister, CA.
The Quality Assurance Project Specialist is responsible for completing projects/reports assigned by the Quality Manager and/or senior management team. This position requires a high level of coordination between departments and excellent project organization skills. The Project Specialist will need to document the results of studies and communicate project outcomes to the senior management team.
The Project Specialist will lead process validation studies, new product validations and line studies for ongoing improvement and compliance to regulatory requirements. This role with support the quality assurance and compliance department needs as it arises. Based on experience and training the Project Specialist may be the delegate for some FSQA manager duties.
Essential Duties for all Employees:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that promotes work safety and product integrity.
- Must follow all Safety, HACCP & GMP requirements at all times.
- Adaptable to a fast paced environment.
- Willing to be flexible to accommodate changing business conditions.
- Ensure cleanliness around facility, freezer and production area.
- College degree in Food Science and Technology, Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- Some agricultural, food processing experience preferred.
- Attention to detail for record-keeping.
- General understanding of manufacturing process and equipment.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Insurance: Dental insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, Vision insurance
- Paid time off,
- 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday, Overtime, Weekend availability, Day shift
This is an outstanding opportunity to take your farming career to the next level with a well-established and respected produce industry leader.
More about this Role - Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completion of assigned projects.
- Line studies
- Validation studies
- Process analysis for product efficiencies and deficiencies
- Procedures and Form creation based off of findings
- Document Management as needed
- Participate in continuous improvement teams, such as the Internal Audit team.
- Cross-training on key processing equipment
- Trial studies- new or potential R&D products
- Tracking and trending of key department items
- Raw material grading program
- Foreign material analysis
- Standing/Walking Frequently 34 - 66 %
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling Occasionally 12 - 33%
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing Occasionally 12 - 33%
- Grasping/Feeling Regularly 67 - 100%
- Sitting Regularly 67 - 100%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
George Chiala Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.